Every artist leaves his mark. Whether it’s his signature scrawled in the bottom right-hand corner, initials stamped on the underside, or a clue within the masterpiece itself, there is always something to identify the creator.
Physically marked or not, a person well acquainted with the artist will recognize his work immediately. Brush strokes, fingerprints, a chisel mark, are indicators of his talent.
Just as an artist leaves his mark, we as the Lord’s vessels should be marked. People should immediately identify us with our Creator. Jesus speaking to His disciples said,
“By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.”
Love. It’s a marvelous thing. Mankind has climbed mountains, crossed oceans, and changed the world around them.
With love all things are possible. Lives are changed all because of this one little four-letter word!
So how did they change the world?
- Their love for that one thing consumed them
- They remained focused on their goal no matter the obstacles
- They allowed their love to guide them when all seemed lost
- Nothing deterred them from their vision
So how can we change our world?
- Allow His love to consume us
- Stay focused on His commission no matter the obstacles
- Show love one for another even when things seem hopeless
- When loving someone is hard, remember His love for us
This month is all about showing the one you love how much you care. Just think, if we showed everyone His love what a difference a month would make.
Today, show some love to those closest to you. Then, while out and about, show some love to the stranger you happen to meet. Who knows? You might just change a world!