Hello! It is so nice to meet you. Welcome.
And now that we’ve met let me tell you about my life.
I am a wife, mom, and overcomer. I’m a woman on a spiritual journey, and I invite you to come along.
Being in the center of his wheel is about staying balanced. As a wife, mom, and writer, I can quickly become unbalanced, flopping about with the cares of life like an uncentered piece of clay on a potter’s wheel. But, Master Potter continually draws me to the center of His wheel to refine me more and more into His image. It is there I find the joy and peace I so desperately crave.
Unfortunately, I didn’t always run to Him. In fact, this journey didn’t begin with sunshine and roses, but heartache, depression, suicidal thoughts, and self-destructive actions. But thankfully, the Lord didn’t give up on me. His love won me over, and I eventually gave my heart to Him.
Afterward, I studied hard and passed state boards for cosmetology. AND THEN, I married the man of my dreams, had two loving kids, moved and remodeled a house.
Now, I love sharing my passion for life and Christ through the power of the written word. I invite you to “taste and see” the hope I’ve found in a faithful God through my stories, articles, songs, and poem.
I also love:
My Heavenly Father, His Son, Jesus Christ, my Lord, and Savior, and the Holy Spirit, my Comforter, and Guide.
My wonderful family. I can’t say enough about them!
Amazing family and friends (including my online friends!) who love and support me.
Born and raised in the South, I love all things southern—well maybe not the mosquitoes. But who doesn’t like fried chicken, fried okra, and fried squash? You get the idea. And let’s not forget good music and maple pecan ice cream!
I hope you’ll join me as I share this incredible season of life!
A little more about me:
- Coffee is my cup of southern comfort.
- I have at least one DIY project in progress at all times.
- I four-wheel because I love it and to make my kids anxious. (You should’ve seen my daughter the day I did a ‘donut’ around the utility pole. Their favorite saying—”Your bones won’t heal like they use to.”) Oh well.
- I awake with music in my head. What? You don’t?
- I love telling stories through fiction, non-fiction, and songs. My song “Less of Me and More of You” came in the top 5 runners-up in the 2010 Singing News/Solid Gospel Songwriters Search
So now that we’ve met, why don’t you grab a glass of iced tea with or without lemon, or a cuppa coffee, relax and stay awhile! And while you’re here, how about sharing something about yourself!