Hello! It is so nice to meet you. Welcome.
And now that we’ve met let me tell you about my life.
I am a wife, mom, and overcomer. I’m a woman on a spiritual journey, and I invite you to come along.
Being in the center of his wheel is about staying balanced. As a wife, mom, and writer, I can quickly become unbalanced, flopping about with the cares of life like an uncentered piece of clay on a potter’s wheel. But, Master Potter continually draws me to the center of His wheel to refine me more and more into His image. It is there I find the joy and peace I so desperately crave.
Unfortunately, I didn’t always run to Him. In fact, this journey didn’t begin with sunshine and roses, but heartache, depression, suicidal thoughts, and self-destructive actions. But thankfully, the Lord didn’t give up on me. His love won me over, and I eventually gave my heart to Him.
Afterward, I studied hard and passed state boards for cosmetology. AND THEN, I married the man of my dreams, had two loving kids, moved and remodeled a house.
Now, I love sharing my passion for life and Christ through the power of the written word. I invite you to “taste and see” the hope I’ve found in a faithful God through my stories, articles, songs, and poem.
A little more about me:
- Coffee is my cup of southern comfort.
- I have at least one DIY project in progress at all times.
- I four-wheel because I love it and to make my kids anxious. (You should’ve seen my daughter the day I did a ‘donut’ around the utility pole. Their favorite saying—”Your bones won’t heal like they use to.”) Oh well.
- I awake with music in my head. What? You don’t?
- I love telling stories through fiction, non-fiction, and songs. My song “Less of Me and More of You” came in the top 5 runners-up in the 2010 Singing News/Solid Gospel Songwriters Search
So now that we’ve met, why don’t you grab a glass of iced tea with or without lemon, or a cup of coffee, relax and stay awhile! And while you’re here, share something about yourself!