As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him. For who is God save the LORD? or who is a rock save our God? It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect. He maketh my feet like hinds’ feet, and setteth me upon my high places. Psalms 18:30-33
Whether in pain, suffering, or heartache, we are not alone. He is our healer, comfort, and our peace. His way is perfect.
Each morning birds join in song to welcome the new day. But did you know:
- Birds learn to sing early in life.
- Male birds sing to attract mates and defend their territories.
- Some species sing multiple songs while others sing only one.
- Males do most of the singing, but certain tropical male and female birds sing duets.
- Not all use their voices to sing.
- The flycatcher remains true to his species’ song.
- Some birds sing in flight while others sing at rest.
- Some birds learn their songs while others inherit the song.
- Mockingbirds and parrot are mimics
- With the loss of hearing, birds lose their ability to sing.
Birds aren’t the only creatures called to sing.
- The younger the person, the easier it is to learn how to lift the voice in praise. But thankfully, people don’t have a window of learning as birds do. You can learn to sing praises no matter your age.
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6
- Your song of praise is for worship and warfare. It’s easy to worship atop a mountain, not so much in the valley. Yet, singing may very well be our Commander’s weapon of choice. If so, sing at the top of your lungs!
And when they began to sing and to praise, the LORD set ambushments against the children of Ammon, Moab, and mount Seir, which were come against Judah; and they were smitten. 2 Chronicles 20:22
- Some may have several songs while others may have one unique song. Whatever the story behind your song, no one can sing it the way you can. If you refuse to lift your voice, the song will be sung, but not in the same key or in the same way! So, sing, children!
But I will sing of thy power; yea, I will sing aloud of thy mercy in the morning: for thou hast been my defence and refuge in the day of my trouble. Psalms 59:16
- Learn to sing a duet with Beloved. When we spend time with Him, we will come away with a sweeter song to share with others.
His mouth is most sweet: yea, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, and this is my friend, O daughters of Jerusalem. Song of Solomon 5:16
- We may not always use our voice to sing praise. Whether singing out loud or in your head, clapping your hands, snapping your fingers, or tapping your toe to the rhythm of the beat, do it to the glory of God.
O clap your hands, all ye people; shout unto God with the voice of triumph. Psalm 47:1
- Stay true to the song God has placed within us. There are enough voices screaming “be like me.” There is only one you. Without your voice, the choir is lacking. Stay true to yourself and God.
And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD. Psalm 40:3
- Whether soaring above troubles or resting on the valley floor, sing.
And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them. Acts 16:25
- With a hearing loss, we lose our song. We lose our hearing when surrounded by continual noise. Rest is a must if we are to keep our song.
My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away. Song of Solomon 2:10
Can you imagine our world if everyone was lifting their voice in prayer and praise to our God in Heaven above?
Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away. Song of Solomon 2:13
There are no sweeter words to the human ear than the call to rest at His feet. A place where the known speaks with the unknown. The seen fellowships with the unseen. A place where the heart finds peace. And the spirit is renewed.
When I began this journey, I promised myself I would always answer His invitation. The time spent at the feet of Jesus transforms me. I become a better daughter, wife, mother, friend, and writer.
So, dearest reader, I am taking a break to spend time with my one Desire. I will be back in a while.
Thank you for understanding and continued support of this blog.
In the meantime, if your world is a little crazy, take a moment and listen to “Breathe” by Johnny Diaz. Great advice for this busy life. But, you’ll have to wait for the chorus to get it.